Monday, September 20, 2010

weekend recap: family parties and treasures

I know what you're thinking. That's one good-looking family :)

I married into one of the most awesome families. They're sweet, intelligent and just downright fascinating. And I'm not saying that because my mother-in-law reads this blog ;) It's completely true! When I see them, I feel more enlightened than before our visit. That's what happens when your in-laws are a bunch of smarty pants.

This time around, we were celebrating the grandmother's 80th birthday. She's the adorable one in the pink dress. It was full of great stories, great food and M&Ms with her face on them. Fabulous, per usual.

It's not at all uncommon to leave these visits with more than you had before. Both in knowledge and family heirlooms/loot. They spread out the goods and The Boy and I take turns with my sister-in-law, choosing our favorites to bring home. Love it.

Here's what we racked up with this weekend...


A silver Revere bowl [PS: have you ever tried to take a picture of a silver bowl? Yikes.]

Two pieces from a family bed - we got the top of the posts and my SIL got the focal point of the headboard, which she'll use as wall art. Gorgeous. I'm thinking we'll turn these into bookends?

This adorable, adorable apron with the cutest little ric-rac lined pockets. I can't stand it, it's too cute.

A wee little medicine bottle, which I think would make a precious bud vase.

And a mini-flask. Neither of us are flask-packin' kind of people, but if you could see how teeny this thing is, you'd want to keep it too. Adorable.

Old finds are way better when they're of sentimental value, no?

2 comments:

  1. Love the apron! It's neat that you've gotten to take some family treasures too-we've only got a few things from my Grandma and I've always wished for just a few more. Looks like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time! Great family pic!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Thanks for taking the time to say it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails