Tuesday, September 21, 2010

some more fall touches

I just keep going and going and going with the fall decor, but it's still 90-stinking-degrees outside. What gives? Charleston, if you won't give me fall outside, I'm going to bring it inside. Thankyouverymuch.

Just a few little tweaks and touches to the mantel...

Some wispy little feather thingies [$0.50 at Hobby Lobby] and a Goodwill vase.


Did you see how cute this little guy is? I don't think you enjoyed him enough the last time :) And don't you love this straw broom? Dollar Tree is where it's at, my friends.


I had this ribbon draped across the mantel before, but I didn't like it. Dollar Tree ribbon, take 2!


A mini grapevine wreath, wrapped in Dollar Tree ribbon with some Hobby Lobby wreath picks [piks? picks?]. Love.


Are you happy when you look at this? I sure am.

Now I just need the temp to drop about 30 degrees, so I can put my scarecrow and pumpkins on the front porch. I personally believe that you cannot appreciate a scarecrow when you're sweaty. Just sayin'.

9 comments:

  1. What a cute wreath! I love Fall decor, too! It's so warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely decorations! And I know what you mean, here in Central FL, we've got 90's...and no leaf-change....c'mon Fall, where are ya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I do like the warm colors the fall brings. I just hate to say goodbye to Summer, and today is the final day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your yellow feather thingies in the small vase!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mantel looks lovely. I really like the simple elegant look you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Love the owl so much I do think I might need one of my own!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cutie (owl)...love how he adds so much pop to your home!!!
    Happy Fall!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. the mantel looks amazing. cute owl. happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your wall color--- and your decorations!

    Do you remember what the name/brand of it is?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Thanks for taking the time to say it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails