How cliche/overdone is that pun? You love it, don't lie :)
Remember how I told you that I made up with my sewing machine and now I can't stop sewing? Well, I meant it. And I sometimes find myself twiddling my thumbs, wondering what project I can come up with, just so I can spend a little QT with my sewing machine. The fact that The Boy has had some late nights this week has actually been quite lovely. I can indulge my habit and he doesn't feel bad for leaving me. Win-Win.
Last night, I whipped these up in less than an hour. That does my little impatient heart a lot of good. See that fabric up there? Toile. Love. How about a cutie little camera strap? Easy peasy.
1. Cut a strip to your desired length and twice the width of your camera strap (+ about half an inch all around for seams)
2. Hem the short ends.
3. Fold it in half, hotdog style and sew along the longest edge, leaving the ends open.
4. Turn it inside out, using your turn-inside-out device.
5. Iron it. Good, good.
6. Now slip your camera strap through it and you're done, sir, done!
So stylish :)
Now on to the second project, which deserves the following preface: I joined the Y, in hopes that paying $$$ to be in shape will make me feel guilty enough to do it. I'll let you know how it goes. And when I started thinking about my workout playlist [suggestions?] I started thinking about how I needed something to protect my iPhone from the sweat. Cue the cutie little iPhone cover...
1. Cut a piece of felt and a piece of fabric that is the width of your phone + an inch. My length was about 12 inches. Make sure the fabric is extra cute.
2. Sew the pieces together, with the wrong side of the fabric facing up. Turn it inside out and then sew it all up.
3. Fold it in half, hamburger style [Laura, do kids still fold their paper that way?]
4. Sew along the three sides, leaving the top open.
5. I added a button and sewed on an elastic loop so my phone won't fly out in the middle of some crazy workout move. Hey, it could happen.
Confession: I did NOT sew on that button...I Gorilla glued it :) And so far, it's doing just fine.
Seriously, this took me less than an hour and I used fabric scraps from other projects. That's a happy feeling.
What have you been sewing lately? Give me some inspiration, ladies :)
Sometimes I like to party....click here to see where I link!