Tuesday, September 7, 2010

(long) weekend recap: family and food

That just about sums it up.

We visited my folks up in NC for the long weekend - which included lots of home cooking with my dad's garden veggies, lots of chatting with my mom, lots of sweet time with my baby brother who came home from college and of course, lots of football.


I am beat. Completely exhausted from staying up late to laugh with the fam, traveling and then rushing to get some Fall decorations up this evening. Not because I had to, but because I'm that crazy. And who wants to waste a day of potential Fall goodness? And who cares if it was 90 degrees outside today? NOT ME, to both of those questions.


So, listen. I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I love lists. Grocery lists, to-do lists, quote lists, idea lists, book lists, etc. Anything in bulleted format makes my heart go a little haywire. That being said, here are three things worth mentioning about this weekend:
  1. Fall is really, really on it's way. The leaves are starting to blush and I can't stand it. I'm so happy. Charleston, SC summers? Ick.
  2. You peeps are creative. I leave for three days and come back to a brand new stash of inspiration. You and you and you were my favorites.
  3. I laugh at the "boutiques" that charge $72 for a "vintage" child's rocking chair. Excuse me, I see its unfinished twin in the back of the store. Your labor to paint it red does not cost $72. Nor does sanding it down make it vintage. I could do that myself for $5. Please and thank you.
That is all.

I hope you all had a wonderfully relaxing weekend. As for this week...here's to kicking off Fall, in full force :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna need for you to make me a chair a la that third link. I can even pick out the fabric for you if you want. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Thanks for taking the time to say it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails