Thursday, September 16, 2010

the help



Do you like to read? I go through spells where I don't read anything and then I read anything I can get my hands on. But for the love of all that is good in literature, go read this book.

I have this on loan from my MIL but I haven't had a chance to sit down with it yet. Since I was out of town for work the last two days, I grabbed this at the last minute to read on the plane. Here I am, 48 hours later - I'm almost finished and I can't.stop.thinking.about.it. It's SO good.

If you live in the South, are from the South, used to live in the South, KNOW someone who lives in the South...read it. Do it. You won't be the same.

There's my plug. You're welcome, Kathryn Stockett.

4 comments:

  1. I've looke at it, but may have to get it now.

    Have you read The Glass Castle? It's a must read! You'll laugh out loud, be completely amazed and then cry on the next page. A great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the Glass Castle. It was the first book that my Book Club read a few years ago. Its excellent. Glad to know about The Help. I've picked it up many times but now have to buy it. I am TRYING not to buy so many books. I've tried to limit myself to business trips only purchases for the airplane. My vice..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just stumbled onto your site and love it. You have awesome and inspiring ideas. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started this for a book club I joined so far I like it. I found you through the DIY Show Off.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Thanks for taking the time to say it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails