Sunday, August 1, 2010

welcome!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" (Shel Silverstein)

Hey friends! Welcome to my latest project! As the honey and I jump in on this crazy Navy adventure - moving around and trying to settle the best we can in the most unsettling of circumstances - I found this desire to make the most of it all. Of every meal, nook and cranny, corner in the yard and blank space on the wall. But no one can afford to do those things every time the mood strikes them, without breaking the bank. At least I couldn't, before I developed a love for thrift stores, coupons and just generally trying to find a way to shave off a few dollars. Slowly but surely, I've made it my mission to do everything on the cheap.

And then, as I told peeps about my recent concoctions - whether it be in the kitchen or my craft room - they wanted to know more. So for the moms and the grandmas and the other girlies in my life, this is for you :) And now here we are. I'm decorating with cheapo/secondhand/repurposed treasures, skinnying (is that a word?) down my grocery bill, making whatever I can make to save a buck and doing everything I can to enjoy every.single.second of our life. Wherever our life happens to be at the moment. Oooooohhhhh I'm excited.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE your new blog! You MUST get to know Pink and Polka Dot! Here's her site: http://pinkandpolkadot.blogspot.com/. She is the slipcover queen and thriftstore-find diva!

    Can't wait to see more posts about your projects!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Thanks for taking the time to say it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails