Thursday, August 19, 2010

it's all in the details

And we continue with the Tour de Page's Living Room. My most favorite thing about decorating is to have little pieces of flair scattered about that you only notice when you take the time to scan the room. Things that are sentimental to you, but may seem random to others. So they say, "What's that ____ over there" and you say, "Oh, that was from when we ____." Or you just got it at Goodwill for $1, whatever. Go with it.

Like that pic on our side table: it's one of our engagement pictures from the days of yore, that was on display at our rehearsal dinner. We're on the campus of our Alma Mater (Go Heels!) and I love how adorable the look on that boy's face is.

So here we are, almost 3 months moved-in, and I've finally collected enough "details" to call my living room complete (for now!)

This was a cheapo mirror that I found at TJ Maxx for ohhhhh $12? TACKY frame, spiffed right up with some brushed nickel spray paint.


I got these succulents at IKEA during my semi-annual trip for $3 a piece. The ugly plastic planter got a little facelift with some scrap fabric and ribbon.


Also from IKEA, the bamboo that I haven't killed yet. Yesssss.


$0.50 Goodwill frame with some pretty scrap fabric.


Dollar Tree birds, spray painted white. They're in loooove.


And now begins my obsession with throw pillows. I made the two that are the same and decided that I didn't want to make any more :) The others came from TJ Maxx for $10/each. Hollerrr.


I love every.single.thing about this pillow. World Market = $15.


And I got two of these cuties, also at TJ Maxx for $10.

So that's that. I have a little bare wall left that needs some attention and I'm thinking about framing some scrapbook paper? I'm all about cheap unexpected art.

Oh I just love it in here :)

1 comment:

  1. I love it Page! :) SOOO cute!! and that pic? PRESH!! Our living room is ALMOST done ... but I just can't get it quite the way I want (and the Hubs won't let me buy new furniture! boo!) So - I'm working with it! Slowly. Not to mention I decided to paint our cast iron tables from Black to Cream ... good idea? Maybe. Taking forever? YES!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Thanks for taking the time to say it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails