Thursday, August 12, 2010

score: decorative lantern

Has anyone else noticed the lantern trend? All of a sudden, they're everywhere. Lanterns are the new black. Or something like that. A few weeks ago, we were visiting some family who is lucky enough to live near the big, beautiful blue store: IKEA. We went in for bookcases. Ha! Who EVER goes into IKEA and comes out with only what they went in for? Not this chica. Three bookcases, a stool, some plants, a cutting board and six hours later, we were done. But I'll tell you what I wanted and didn't get: a lantern. This beauty was only $15, but they were out of stock.
Worst day ever. I had no idea what I wanted to do with it, but it spoke to me. It wanted to be in my house. Seriously, for a few days, I thought about that lantern and missed it. I truly missed the lantern. Who am I?

Fast forward to last week. I haven't always had great luck in Pier 1, but decided to go in on a random Thursday night, because it was beside Target and I didn't feel like going home yet. [Hellooo, I work from home. My only contact with the outside world is at the grocery store.]

And there it was. In the window. A beautiful lantern. I was sure it was going to be expensive, because they usually are. I had just seen one in Target for $25. Please, Target. Get over
yourself. But no, it wasn't expensive..it was $10. TEN DOLLARS. Jigga whaaat?? [I can't believe I just typed that. What does that even mean?]

I marched myself straight to the counter, purchased it with a GIFT CARD, thankyouverymuch and brought it home. And there it sat. Because I had no idea what to do with it. It sat on my mantel and looked so boring. I didn't want to put a pillar candle in it, because I don't like it when they burn unevenly and drip places they aren't supposed to drip. Drives me nuts. So I popped my Yankee Candle in there for kicks and it was perfect.


Something about the glass jar inside the glass lantern makes the glow even more beautiful. And the candle itself looks prettier than when it just sits on the side table. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thanks for taking the time to say it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails