Monday, October 18, 2010

weekend recap: perfecting the coffee sleeve

I told you I was working on a new and improved version!

The weekend was really quite lovely. I had an unexpected and welcomed visit from my aunt, who I adore. I'm convinced that my desire to be well-dressed and classy came straight from her gene pool. And perhaps that's the same gene pool that feeds my tendency to be slightly high maintenance, but that's neither here nor there :)

Here we are in Charleston for my spring break, during my sophomore year in college. We've been doing girls' weekends since I was 12 years old. This was about 5 days after Andrew and I started dating and what you don't see is the phone clutched in my other hand, waiting for his name to pop up on my caller ID. Oh, dating...

As is typical of our visits, we ate well [read: over-ordered and ate too much], shopped [read: bothered the lady at the custom curtain store with our made-up words and inability to make a decision] and laughed a lot. To say that her company is a blessing is the understatement of the century. She's just all around, good for the soul.

After she left on Sunday, the living room morphed into a fantasy football command center. So I retreated to my craft room to work on something to help out a bloggy friend [more on that later!]. And it was there that I perfected the reusable coffee sleeve.

Why I'm acting like this is newsworthy, I'm not sure. But go with it. Here you saw my first attempt at the coffee sleeve, but I didn't like that it wasn't versatile. And I was not even about to sew elastic into that same pattern. Please. I came up with this instead:

Leave it open on one side, with an elastic/button closure.

Total lightbulb moment. Now it fits any size!

How cute would that be, living in your purse for your Starbucks treat?
[PS: I tried the salted caramel hot chocolate + a shot of espresso this weekend. Um, wow.]

So that's that! How was your weekend?


Sometimes I like to party....click here to see where I link!

12 comments:

  1. How cool is that? I am continually amazed at your creativity...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cute! I'm a new follower! ;-)

    www.sippycupmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for the sleeve! I'm a new follower from Welcome Wednesday. Would love for you to stop by www.josephsgrainery.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog! I found you at Welcome Wednesday, I am now following. Hope to see you around at Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm your newest follower and I hope you visit me too!

    http://oneplusoneis3.blogspot.com/

    Also, that coffee sleeve is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm your newest Wednesday follower! Would love for you to visit me at Mom of all Trades when you get a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's so good to have lovely weekends,suprise visits, to recharge the batteries :) for the next week
    Hi, I'm your new follower from Welcome Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower! Great site. Would appreciate a follow back. Thank you!
    Nancy
    www.findingblessingsineverydaylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never would have thought to make my own coffee sleeve! New to your site, and stop by if you would like:

    www.cookwithabook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so cool! So glad I found you at Welcome Wednesday! I think you'd have fun at www.magicalmouseschoolhouse.com, where Disney IS school. Hope you can stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. just found your blog & i'm already a follower :) i love thrifty & crafty projects. come by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jealous that you got to spend the weekend with D.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Thanks for taking the time to say it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails