Tuesday, August 31, 2010

when you say crazy, you mean...

This is what happened: I finished setting up my home office. And my office shares the space with my craft room. And in the process of straightening things up on my desk, I stumbled into the craft side and started feeling a little jittery. Like I needed to do something. So I scanned through my blog roll for the day and saw two things. Two beautiful bits of inspiration: Decor Chick is getting organized and in the process, I caught a glimpse of her toolbox and the ladies over at The CSI Project are hosting a Mod Podge Party. Music to my ears. And what do you know, I have a toolbox AND Mod Podge. Hollerrr.


I knew when I bought Sassy [my toolbox, duh] that she was going to need a facelift if she was going to live in my craft room. Let's face it, that blinding neon yellow just doesn't go.


She could stop traffic. And not in a good way.

And where else in my whole entire house can I be as girly as I can be in here, my very own craft room? No where, I tell you. It just won't fly with that burly submarine officer of mine. So I rooted out my Mod Podge, my pile of scrapbook paper and some paint and got to work on adding some frills to my girl:

Oh, I did just do that. I totally painted her snaps purple and Mod Podged some scrapbook paper to her front parts. I did it. I was in the middle of it all and thought, "Am I really doing this??" The answer is YES. And any of you, finding yourself in my situation, would have done the same thing [maybe not, but keep that to yourself] and you would be proud to show it off. Please don't judge me.



Check out the other Mod Podge creations going on today...
Visit thecsiproject.com

3 comments:

  1. Your post title says it all!
    It is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much cuter! come on over and link up to MMM :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Thanks for taking the time to say it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails